Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal
Everyone knows about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and everyone knows about oatmeal but has anyone ever thought about combining them to make a beautiful new creation!? Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal!
- 1 cup Steel-Cut Oats quick-cooking
- 2 cups Soy milk unsweetened-vanilla
- 1 cup Frozen Berries 4 berry blend
- 3 tbsp Monk Fruit Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- 0.25 cup Maple Syrup optional
- 3 tbsp All-Natural Peanut Butter
Add oats and milk to a saucepan on med-high heat.
Bring oats to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and let simmer.
In a separate saucepan add fruit, monk fruit sugar, and juice of half a lemon, on med-high.
Use a fork to break the fruit down as it heats up. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer.
Let simmer for about 15 min, or until desired consistency of oatmeal is achieved.
Scoop oatmeal into a bowl and add natural peanut butter and homemade jelly on top!
- The Jelly is quite runny if you don't add syrup or agave to it. I chose not to add syrup/agave to the homemade jelly recipe because the monk fruit does a good job of making it sweet, and I mix everything together so I don’t need the jelly to be thick.
- Bonus this recipe has about 25 g of protein per one person serving!
Calories: 706kcalCarbohydrates: 103gProtein: 26gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 127mgPotassium: 621mgFiber: 13gSugar: 39gVitamin A: 963IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 431mgIron: 5mg