Vegan Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich
This vegan pesto tomato mozzarella sandwich is simple, cheap, but most importantly delicious and filling! A lot of people don't know about the pesto tomato sandwich and its glory, but we're here to shine a light on it.
- 4 slices Italian Bread thick cut
- ½ pack Miyokos Mozz
- 1 medium Beefsteak Tomato sliced
- 1 handful Basil chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
Quick Vegan Pesto
- 1 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Raw Cashews or pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender/food processor.
Pulse the blender for 30 seconds, making sure to occasionally scrape the walls down.Alternatively, just blend it all together for 20 seconds.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
While you wait for the oven to preheat, on a cutting board slice mozzarella, bread and tomato into slices.
Add the mozzarella to the bottom pieces of bread and put all of the pieces in the oven on the middle rack.
Monitor closely and remove from oven when cheese begins to melt and the bread starts to turn golden brown. About 5 min.
Add sliced tomato, chopped basil and salt and pepper on top of bread with cheese on it.Add 1 - 2 tbsp of pesto to the other slice of bread.
Put the pieces of bread together. Cut in half (or don't) and enjoy!
- The pesto recipe doesn't need to be perfect because it's going on the inside on the sandwich so it might be easier to just blend everything together real fast!
- Make sure to watch your bread when it's in the oven because it can burn very quickly and there's nothing worse than burnt bread.
Serving: 1gCalories: 486kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 16gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 2488mgPotassium: 741mgFiber: 7.5gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 2102IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3.5mg