If you're craving a summer BBQ but don't want your typical hot dog or hamburger, this recipe is for you! These vegan sausage skewers are beyond anything I've ever tried. They're so meaty you won't even be able to tell the difference!
Sausage is as intertwined with sports as balls are... damn it! But seriously if you ever go to a sporting event the chances are good they'll be serving sausages.
Sausages also happen to be one of the furthest things from vegan. Like most people I never wanted to know how a sausage was made even when I ate meat. However there are people in this world that are truly miracle workers and have figured out ways of turning peas and beans into pretty convincing sausages!
These vegan sausage skewers are actually pretty simple to put together and only require a few ingredients. The main attraction is obviously the sausage and for this recipe, I used Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages. You can substitute for whichever vegan sausage you'd like but I can't promise you the results will be BEYOND this world... I'm sorry, I'll see myself out now.
First start by chopping all of your ingredients.
Next you're going to put the chopped ingredients onto the skewer and slide to the end. Fill the skewer until the end but give yourself some space to still be able to grab the skewer by both ends (like corn on the cob).
Now make your skewer marinade. Mix minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Turn the BBQ on to medium-high and let it heat up for a few minutes. This step is crucial to keep in the juices! Once the BBQ has been sufficiently heated, transfer the skewers on to the grill. Brush the marinade on one side, but make sure to save enough for the other side when you flip!
Cook for 5 minutes each side on medium heat. Serve with a fresh summer salad and some cool summer drinks!
Wow everyone at your next BBQ or sporting event with these vegan sausage skewers!
Remember that the ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends! 🙂
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, sending me pictures about it, I don’t care how but I want to hear from you and see how you enjoyed it!
Kitchen equipment I used:
- The world’s sharpest knife set (my personal opinion but I have cut myself a bunch of times with them lol)
- My bamboo cutting board
- My favorite BBQ utensils
- Bamboo Skewers
- My cheap (but great!) BBQ
Vegan Sausage BBQ Skewers
- 4 links Vegan Sausages I used Beyond Meat
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 cup Zuchinni chopped
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Oregeno
- 1 teaspoon Onion
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- First, start by chopping all of your ingredients into chunks. (button mushrooms don't need to be chopped but other mushroom types do)
- Next take a skewer and put each ingredient one by one onto it and slide to the end leaving only a small piece of wood showing.
- Fill the skewer with ingredients in the same order until only a small piece of wood is showing on both ends.
- Repeat steps 2 - 3 for the remaining skewers
- Turn BBQ on Med-High and let heat up for a few minutes.
- Transfer skewers onto BBQ and reduce heat to Med.
- Brush half of Garlic Marinade (see below) onto tops of all skewers.
- Cover and let cook for 5 min.
- Rotate skewers and apply rest of Garlic Marinade to skewers. Cover and cook for 5 more min.
- Take off grill and serve with a cool summer salad and some cool summer drinks!
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir.
Leave a Reply