It's super easy to make frozen sweet potato fries in Air Fryers in 15 mins. If you're looking to make your frozen sweet potato fries even tastier, I'll explain what you can do to take them to the next level!
If you just wanted simple frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer instructions, scroll below for temperature & time!
To level up your fries, all you need is: Frozen Sweet potato fries, air fryer, and optionally, some olive oil and toppings of choice.
How to Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
You can simply throw the frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer for 15 min, shake them halfway through and they'd come out fine, but I also want to recommend how to make your frozen sweet potato fries taste even better!
- Open the bag of frozen sweet potato fries and add to a big bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix.
- Add frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 390 degrees for 15 minutes. This step will largely depend on how big and how hot your air fryer gets. I have the 8-quart ninja foodie so it fits an entire bag of fries easily, but if you have a smaller air frier don't crowd the fries too much or they won't get the proper air circulation.
- Shake the basket halfway.
- Plate the fries and top with grated Violife parmesan and chopped green onions or chopped parsley!
- Serve with chipotle mayo.
It's really that simple and will make your fries that much better!
Kitchen Equipment I used for recipe:
Ninja Foodie 9-1 Air Fryer Unit - Okay I'll be the first to admit I was an air fryer hater before but now I am the ultimate air fryer truther! This is the unit I use and it's unreal because it comes with an instant pot, steamer, dehydrator, sautee, and more all in one unit! It comes in a couple of different sizes (I got the 8 quarts and it's huge but I love it).
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- 1 Package Frozen Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil optional
- 2 stalk Green Onion optional
- 1 tablespoon Violife Parmesan Cheese optional
- Open the bag of frozen sweet potatoes and add to a big bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix until evenly coated.
- Add frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket and turn on the air fryer to 390 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Shake the basket around after 10 minutes.
- Plate the fries and top with chopped chives/parsley and grated Violife parmesan. Serve with chipotle mayo.
- I have the 8-quart ninja foodie so it's massive and can fit a full bag of fries in it at once. If you have a smaller air fryer split it up and don't crowd the fries too much!
If you try this recipe, please leave it a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, sending me pictures about it by tagging us on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
The nutrition information presented here is for all of the ingredients. I take all of the nutritional information from Cronometer a nutritional tracker website that provides you with a lot of great information, especially regarding micronutrients!
5 servings per container
Serving Size1 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories160
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 210mg 9%
- Potassium 270mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 1g 2%
- Vitamin A 30%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%
- Vitamin E 9%
- Vitamin K 3%
- Thiamin 6%
- Riboflavin 5%
- Niacin 4%
- Vitamin B6 12%
- Folate 7%
- Pantothenic Acid 8%
- Phosphorus 8%
- Magnesium 6%
- Zinc 3%
- Copper 18%
- Manganese 19%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
So this is the nutrition profile for the frozen sweet potato fries that I bought but each company will have slightly different nutrition profile depending what they put into it so just keep that in mind.
The thing with buying anything from big companies or prepared meals is they're usually processed to all hell and during the processing they strip most of the nutrition out of the food. If we compared these frozen sweet potato fries to just a regular nutrition profile of a sweet potato the comparison would be stark.
Actually lets do that!
Nutrition profile for the same amount of just a regular baked sweet potato:
- 76.5 Cal
- 17.6 Carbs
- 3 g of Fiber
- 0.1 g Fat
- 1.7 g protein
- 544% Vitamin A
- 7% iron
The unprocessed sweet potato beats the processed sweet potato by 50-100% in every category.
Now that's not to say these frozen sweet potato fries are the worst things you can ever eat, but I think it's important to note that processed foods should be eaten in moderation because a lot of their nutritional value does get stripped away.
Sodium is a big time offender in processed foods and something that should be watched carefully. Really easy to go over how much sodium you're taking in without realising it!
There are certainly worse things you could eat than these frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer. For example, simply deep frying them instead would further destroy their nutritional value.
Anywho they do provide a few good things. High in vitamin A, which helps with vision, lunch/kidney function, and reproduction... 😉
Has a couple of grams of fiber and for a population that is chronically not getting enough fiber (only about 5% of the population do) every gram counts!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
Yes! They take significantly less time than other methods and will make them extra crispy as well!
Are frozen sweet potato fries good for you?
Frozen sweet potato fries do carry some nutritional value to them, but like most processed food they've been stripped of a lot of their nutrition. There are significantly worse things you could be eating but they aren't exactly the pinnacle of healthy foods.
For a full breakdown of their nutritional profile visit the nutrition section above.
Congrats you made it to the end! I hope you enjoyed this recipe and all the information I add to it!
Other recipes you might like:
Remember that 50% of ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate it when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends!
Tried these they’re amazing!!
So glad you like them Evelyn! 🙂