This Just Egg french toast recipe takes 6 mins to make & tastes even better than regular french toast. This french toast is so easy to prepare with liquid just egg and makes delicious french toast in minutes!
I love french toast, it's so easy to make it without eggs using just egg! Ever since going vegan, I've been using Liv B's vegan french toast recipe where she uses tofu as the binder and it's so good, but on lazy days, using Just Egg as the binder makes this french toast recipe super easy!
How to make Just Egg French Toast
The best part about Just Egg is it works exactly like scrambled eggs. So If you've ever made french toast before... this Just Egg french toast recipe will taste super similar, and with my additional spices, it takes it to the next level.
1. Heat your pan or griddle on medium heat with some vegan butter in it. In a shallow dish such as a pie pan whisk together your Just Egg, plant milk, vanilla and spices. When the pan is heated and the butter coats the bottom, dunk a piece of bread in the egg mixture and flip so both sides are coated in Just Egg, then place in the pan. Fill the pan with as many pieces as you can. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until they're golden brown and then flip for another 3 minutes.
2. Transfer the Just Egg french toast to a plate and repeat for the remaining pieces, adding butter to the pan between each transfer.
3. Top the vegan eggnog french toast with your toppings of choice and serve immediately.
Full Recipe Measurements & Ingredients are down below
Toppings for Just Egg French Toast
- Maple Syrup or corn syrup
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Kitchen Equipment I used for recipe:
- Aesthetically pleasing teal spoon set – a lot of people recently have been asking about my spoon set and I feel like a fraud because everyone thinks it’s some expensive set but it’s super inexpensive and they look amazing!
- Super cheap but quality non-stick pan – A good non-stick pan will change your life and it doesn’t have to break the bank. I love this one because it’s made out of granite and is super durable!
If you try this recipe, please leave it a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, send us pictures about it on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
Just Egg French Toast
- ¾ cup Just Egg
- ¼ cup Plant-Milk we used soy milk
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 slices Bread French, Brioche, White, Rye
- Heat your pan or griddle on medium heat with some vegan butter in it. In a shallow dish such as a pie pan whisk together your Just Egg, plant milk, vanilla and spices.
- When the pan is heated and the butter coats the bottom, dunk a piece of bread in the egg mixture and flip so both sides are coated in Just Egg, then place in the pan. Fill the pan with as many pieces as you can. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until they're golden brown and then flip for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the Just Egg french toast to a plate and repeat for the remaining pieces, adding butter to the pan between each transfer.
- Top the vegan eggnog french toast with your toppings of choice and serve immediately.
Commonly Asked Just Egg Questions
Is Just Egg any good?
Just Egg is so good. They are incredibly versatile and are able to sub out for almost every egg product you can think of. Not to mention they're better for you and the environment.
Are Just products vegan?
Yes the Just products are vegan. None of their products contain any animal biproducts. They don't test their products on animals and they also only use plant-based/vegan ingredients. So vegans can feel good about eating Just Egg.
Nutrition Facts for Just Egg French Toast
The nutrition information presented here is for all of the ingredients. I take all of the nutritional information from Cronometer a nutritional tracker website that provides you with a lot of great information, especially regarding micronutrients!
8 servings per container
Serving Size1 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories127
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 272mg 12%
- Potassium 50mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1.5g
- Protein 6g 12%
- Vitamin A 0.5%
- Calcium 3%
- Iron 16%
- Vitamin E 0.5%
- Vitamin K 0.5%
- Thiamin 19%
- Riboflavin 12%
- Niacin 10%
- Vitamin B6 3%
- Vitamin B12 4%
- Folate 14%
- Pantothenic Acid 4%
- Phosphorus 6%
- Magnesium 4%
- Zinc 5%
- Selenium 17%
- Copper 7%
- Manganese 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
As a reminder we take the nutritional information of recipes before any additional toppings (coconut whip, syrup etc) so remember to take that into account. Generally speaking Just Egg french toast contains a decent amount of nutrition. 6 g of protein per piece of toast as well 0 cholestoral compared to it's chicken egg counterpart is good. Some ways to increase the nutritional value of this recipe would be to switch out to a whole grain or sprouted grain bread (although you might sacrifice the taste a little if you did this). All in all Just Egg french toast is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day!
Other recipes you might like:
I'm so glad I found this recipe! I finally found Just Egg in my city and wanted to make french toast so bad, this recipe was so easy to make! I topped mine with almond butter and grape jam 🙂
So freaking good dare I say better then with actual egg
Oh my God, this was so good and so easy to make! I’m so happy to have found Just Egg to be able to make easy French toast like this. I added whipped coconut cream and chocolate shavings for a sweet treat in the morning or for dessert!