This Just Egg Omelette recipe is so easy to make, ready in 12 minutes & it's delicious! I'm going to show you how to make an omelette with just egg!
With the just egg liquid, you can make the perfect egg-free omelette for breakfast!
In the past 5 years, going vegan was a struggle when it came to breakfast foods. Don't get me wrong I love my, oatmeal and tofu scramble but finding products to replicate my favourite breakfasts like eggs was hard until Just Egg came to town.
Breakfast has once again become a breeze for vegans thanks to Just Egg, and the best part is it's all just beans!
How to Make the Just Egg Omelette
One of the great things of Just Egg is you can use it just like any egg dishes. So preparing this omelette will be just like every other omelette you've made, just minus the chicken eggs!
For this omelette, I'm going to show you how to make a just egg omelette my all-time favorite way; "western-style" with onions, green peppers and vegan ham/bacon pieces! But you could use this just egg omelette recipe as the base to make whichever style omelette you'd like!
Ingredients for Just Egg Omelette
- Just Egg
- Green Peppers
- Veggie Ham or vegan bacon of choice
- Olive Oil
- Kala Namak "black salt"
Kitchen Equipment I used for recipe:
- Aesthetically pleasing teal spoon set – a lot of people recently have been asking about my spoon set and I feel like a fraud because everyone thinks it’s some expensive set but it’s super inexpensive and they look amazing!
- Super cheap but quality non-stick pan – A good non-stick pan will change your life and it doesn’t have to break the bank. I love this one because it’s made out of granite and is super durable!
Instructions for Omelette using Just Egg
1. Heat a pan with some oil in it on medium heat. While the pan heats prep your veggies by dicing your onions, vegan ham/bacon slices and green pepper.
2. Once the pan is heated add your onions and veggie ham (or vegan bacon pieces), frying until the onions begin to become translucent (about 3 min). Add in your green peppers and fry all the veggies for 2 more minutes. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and put aside.
3. Add more oil to the pan, and measure out and pour ½ cup of Just egg into pan. It's important not to cook on too high of a heat here because the Just Egg will burn on the bottom and not cook all the way through making it difficult to flip. Sprinkle black salt on top of the omelette.
4. As the Just Egg cooks lift the sides and allow excess Just Egg to flow underneath to help with cooking. At about 5 minutes it should be ready to flip. Flip the omelette with a spatula and immedietly add the plant-based cheddar slices to one half of the omelette. Pour the veggies from the bowl onto the other half. Let cook until bottom half has finished cooking, about 2 minutes.
5. Fold the omelette in half so that the cheeze side is on the bottom. The easiest way to transfer to a plate is by tilting the pan and gently sliding it off guided by a spatula.
Top with fresh parsley and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Other Just Egg Omelette Filling Combinations:
- "Greek" Omelette with Violife Feta, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and spinach
- Kimchi Omelette
- Brocoli and plant based cheeze
- Mushroom, Spinach and Vegan Feta
- "Southwest" Omelette with Avocado and Salsa
- Soy Chorizo and Veggie omelette
Full Measurements & Instructions Below in Recipe Card
Commonly Asked Just Egg Questions
How much Just Egg is equivalent to one egg?
One serving size which is also equivalent to one egg is 3 tablespoons of liquid Just Egg. For this Just Egg omelette recipe, we use just under three eggs for it and it turns out great!
Does Just Egg taste like an egg?
Just Egg texture is identical to an egg. The properties are also spot on. It fluffs, scrambles, bakes, you name it, Just Egg does it just like an egg. The taste is very close to that of an egg yet even more subtle. If you'd prefer your Just Egg to be "eggier" then you can sprinkle some black salt into it to impart that flavour.
Just Egg Omelette
- ½ cup Just Egg
- ¼ cup Onion diced
- ¼ cup Green Peppers diced
- 3 slices Yves Veggie Ham
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kala Namak "black salt"
- Heat a pan with some oil in it on medium heat. While the pan heats prep your veggies by dicing your onions, vegan ham slices, and green pepper. Once the pan is heated add your onions and ham, frying until the onions begin to become translucent (about 3 min). Add in your green peppers and fry all the veggies for 2 more minutes. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and put them aside.
- Add more oil to the pan, and measure out and pour ½ cup of Just egg into the pan. It's important not to cook on too high of heat here because the Just Egg will burn on the bottom and not cook all the way through making it difficult to flip. Sprinkle black salt on top of the omelette. As the Just Egg cooks lift the sides and allow excess Just Egg to flow underneath to help with cooking. At about 5 minutes it should be ready to flip. Flip the omelette with a spatula and immediately add the plant-based cheddar slices to one-half of the omelette. Pour the veggies from the bowl onto the other half. Let cook until the bottom half has finished cooking, about 2 minutes.
- Fold the omelette in half so that the cheeze side is on the bottom. The easiest way to transfer to a plate is by tilting the pan and gently sliding it off guided by a spatula.
- Top with fresh parsley and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, please leave it a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, send us pictures about it on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
Nutrition Facts for Just Egg Omelette
The nutrition information presented here is for all of the ingredients. I take all of the nutritional information from Cronometer a nutritional tracker website that provides you with a lot of great information, especially regarding micronutrients!
1 servings per container
Serving Size1 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories555
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Sodium 1800mg 75%
- Potassium 47mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 50g 100%
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 83%
- Iron 137%
- Vitamin E 1%
- Vitamin K 2%
- Thiamin 1%
- Riboflavin 1%
- Niacin 1%
- Vitamin B6 5%
- Vitamin B12 154%
- Folate 1%
- Phosphorus 1%
- Magnesium 1%
- Copper 2%
- Manganese 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ah, the great debate returns is Just Egg (or any vegan alternative for that matter) healthier than its non-vegan counterpart. The answer is a little more complicated than a simple yes or no.
At the end of the day, Just Egg is a processed food. During the processing of it, some of the nutrients are stripped away. Processed foods aren't always inherently bad though and Just Egg still has many great health benefits. On a gram for gram basis between Just Egg and chicken eggs, Just Egg has more protein, less saturated fat, is free of cholesterol, and is full of good for you polyunsaturated fats. Not to mention how much better they are for the chickens and our environment! That's what I call a win-win.
If what is stopping you from believing that Just Egg is healthy because it's processed I implore you to reconsider what you deem healthy.
This Just Egg omelette has some other great health benefits to go along with it as well. Starting your day off with a nice 50g boost in protein sets your body up for success and can help you feel full longer throughout the day. Over 100% of your daily Iron and B12 intake in one meal isn't bad either, considering those are two areas many vegans lack in.
The Yves veggie ham slices are decently high in sodium (most deli meats are, vegan or not) so that is certainly something to be aware of with this meal, especially because most people are taking in too much sodium on a daily basis as is.
Other breakfast recipes you might like:
Remember that 50% of ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate it when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends!
I don’t normally like eggs but this is the only way I could eat it.
I LOVE JUST egg and this is a nice dressed up omelette! Can’t wait to make it!
Looks amazing!! Can’t wait to try it!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner this would be perfect. Great protein and quick to make!
Omg this recipe was so easy and delicious to make! I added mushrooms and it was soooo good!
What a great meal! Just Egg is SO good! I may be its biggest fan. Great omelets, great French Toast and great in recipes. For omelets I use an iron skillet on medium low and cover the pan for a couple of minutes until it's set firm. This method works better for me than the one you describe, possibly due to difference in the pan.
This looks INSANELY GOOOOOD!!!
This isn't just a great breakfast it's a great anytime meal. I love the Just Egg product but this recipe takes it to the next level. Great job and thanks for all the wonderful recipes and ideas
Delicious ! Will make again and again !