This vegan Big Mac sauce recipe takes 2 mins to make and is identical to the actual McDonald's Big Mac sauce it's so good!
This sauce recipe was made for my vegan Big Mac & vegan Big Mac Fries that I made for a pregnant co-worker who was having cravings for a Big Mac but she doesn't eat meat so I made her an easy recipe and sharing it with you too.
So without further ado, I introduce you to the vegan Vegan Big Mac sauce that is so close to the real deal you won't believe that you, yes YOU, made it in your kitchen.
Ingredients for Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- BBQ Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- White Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Tip: If you don't have access to these ingredients or want a lookalike sauce, Earth Island makes a vegan Thousand Island dressing that is very similar to that I would also recommend.
Equipment I used for recipe:
- Aesthetically pleasing teal spoon set – a lot of people recently have been asking about my spoon set and I feel like a fraud because everyone thinks it’s some expensive set but it’s super inexpensive and they look amazing!
Try This Recipe: Vegan Big Mac Fries
How to Make Vegan Big Mac Sauce
There really isn't much to making the vegan big mac sauce recipe. It's definitely a super easy recipe to whip up in a pinch.
1. Mix all of the ingredients, vegan mayo, bbq sauce, mustard, vinegar, relish, lime juice, paprica, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
2. The sauce is good to use immediately HOWEVER it is a bit better if you allow it to cool in the fridge for at least an hour. It does keep in the fridge for about 5 days as well so you can certainly prepare this days in advance if you'd like.
And here's a pro tip, you can use this vegan Big Mac sauce for more than homemade big mac burgers😉 Here is a non-exhaustive list of other foods that you can put vegan Big Mac sauce on:
- Big Mac Fries
- House Salad
- Pizza Dipping Sauce
- French Fry Dip
- Vegan Mozzerala Sticks
- Vegan Chicken Tenders
I'd love to hear what else you use vegan big mac sauce for in the comments below!
Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- ½ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 slice Lime
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cover and let cool in the fridge.
If you try this recipe, please leave it a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, send us pictures about it on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
Nutrition Facts for Vegan Big Mac Sauce
The nutrition information presented here is for all of the ingredients. I take all of the nutritional information from Cronometer a nutritional tracker website that provides you with a lot of great information, especially regarding micronutrients!
8 servings per container
Serving Size1 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories83
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 176mg 8%
- Potassium 17mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.25g 1%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 0.25g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
As is the case with many sauces, this vegan big mac sauce is quite high in fat. Fat is not inherently bad but on a per gram basis, it has 9 calories as opposed to protein and carbs that only have 4 calories per gram. This means it doesn't take a lot to overconsume high-fat foods. Not to mention that our brains are evolutionarily wired to crave and think that fat tastes better. This is all a recipe for disaster (haha see what I did there?) if you're trying to watch your calories. As with most "junk" foods that we make here, we always discuss moderation as being the key to success.
At surface level, one serving of this vegan Big Mac sauce recipe really wouldn't have too much of an effect on your nutrition for the day. It's not really adding anything, except for about 83 empty calories but that's not really going to make or break a day. On the flip side if you ate this entire portion in one day you'd be adding almost 700 extra calories to your day which would definitely put you over the edge and really not provide any nutritional value.
So remember that moderation is key!
Other Vegan Sauces you may enjoy:
Remember that 50% of ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate it when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends!