These vegan breakfast bagels are a healthy and delicious way to start your day! They're ready in under 10 minutes making them the perfect recipe for your mornings!
I love breakfast but I hate waking up in the mornings. I love brunch because it combines my love for sleeping in and my love for breakfast in one! That's why this recipe is so great it's delicious and you don't have to think very much to make it first thing in the morning!
📖 The Details
Vegan breakfast bagels have become a go-to for me since going vegan. Breakfast (that isn't oatmeal) can be difficult to figure out for people who transition to veganism. Breakfast bagels however are super easy to make and don't require a ton of ingredients or equipment.
Whenever I vacation or go on holiday and I'm staying at someone else's house vegan breakfast bagels are the easiest and tastiest thing I can prepare without imposing too much. That's why I wanted to show all of you how easy it is to eat a great plant-based breakfast wherever you are!
As I mentioned this is one of my favorite recipes because of how easy it is and how little prep work it requires. You can make it whether you're in a hurry in the morning or just waking up.
- Bagels (we used everything bagels)
- Vegan Egg (we used Just Egg foldable)
- Vegan Bacon, optional
- Vegan Cheese
- Vegan Mayo
- Salt & Pepper
Kitchen Equipment I used for recipe:
- Toaster - This 2 slice toaster is not only super affordable but it comes with a warming rack so while you toast your hashbrowns you can warm up your vegan croissants… WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat with olive oil. Cook your vegan egg patties and vegan bacon for 5 minutes. Flip halfway and add your vegan cheese slices
- While the vegan egg and bacon are cooking, toast your bagel, and slice your tomatoes and avocado.
- Prepare your bagel as follows, avocado, vegan egg, vegan cheese, vegan bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, vegan mayonnaise, and salt and pepper
To take this breakfast bagel up a notch try making it with our vegan chipotle mayo instead of regular vegan mayo!
Other recipes you might like:
Full Measurements & Instructions Below!
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
The short answer is it depends. Most grocery store-bought bagels are inherently vegan. Yet most bakery-bought bagels have an egg wash on them that makes them non-vegan friendly. As such it's best to always check the labels of the product before you purchase.
Unless you plan on eating these the same day it is not advised to store these for longer. Reheating the food with mayo, lettuce, and tomato would make the sandwich not great. Eating them cold would be worse. The good thing is these breakfast bagels are quick and easy to make!
Vegan Breakfast Bagel
- 2 Bagels we used everything bagels
- 2 Vegan Egg Patties we used Just Egg foldables
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Lettuce Leafs
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 2 slices Vegan Cheese
- 4 slices Vegan Bacon
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Mayonaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat with olive oil. Cook your vegan egg patties and vegan bacon for 5 minutes. Flip halfway and add your vegan cheese slices.2 Vegan Egg Patties, 2 slices Vegan Cheese, 4 slices Vegan Bacon, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- While the vegan egg and bacon are cooking, toast your bagel, and slice your tomatoes and avocado.2 Bagels, 1 Tomato, 1 Avocado
- Prepare your bagel as follows, avocado, vegan egg, vegan cheese, vegan bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, vegan mayonnaise, and salt and pepper1 Tomato, 2 Lettuce Leafs, Salt & Pepper, 2 tablespoon Vegan Mayonaise
- To take this breakfast bagel up a notch try making it with our vegan chipotle mayo instead of regular vegan mayo!
- You can easily sub out whichever vegan egg you would like for this recipe or use tofu instead.
If you try this recipe, please leave a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, send us pictures about it on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
I have tried similar but will definitely tweak and give this a shot, sounds great! 👌🏻
Made for dinner tonight, super easy after and busy day and very satisfying, thank you for great ideas
Hello I would like a McJohn please *chefs kiss* and so easy I love easy!
Nothing like a breakfast bagel sandwich with Just Egg to start the day! Easy to make and delicious to eat. Pile on that vegan bacon.