The Ceasar recipe has been a point of contention for a very long time, especially when people find out what's in Clamato juice (hint it's clam juice, yuck). The alternative was always the Bloody Mary, but let's be honest that just isn't as good! That's where this Vegan Ceasar recipe comes into play.
To all of our American friends, this is also known as a Bloody Mary and we're about to blow your mind with just how much better your drinks could be with this Canadian gem! This drink is a classic when you've had too much to drink the night before or you need to cool down on a hot summer day.
Some restaurants have taken this drink to the extreme; including full-on burgers and slices of pizza coming out of it. However, this recipe is the classic version. A slice of pickle, an olive, and spicy bean are the only things we added to it. Maybe in a future recipe, we'll see how crazy we can get and make a restaurant-style vegan Ceasar recipe and add beyond meat sliders on top or Cheeze sticks but for now, we're sticking to the classic!
One of the reasons Ceasar's help with hangovers is the high salt content in them. Salt helps your body absorb water and without it, water would actually just pass right through your system. There's definitely a bit of a placebo effect tot them as well, but when you've got a mean hangover whatever works right?!
This vegan Ceasar recipe is easy because let's face it, we are all pretty useless when we're hungover, but one item you will need that you might not have on hand is vegan Worcestershire sauce. I got mine on Amazon here, but it's pretty readily available at most health food stores. As far as the clamato juice substitute I used the Mott's veggie cocktail blend but you could use any tomato juice really as long as it's not flavored. Let's jump into this recipe!
Step 1. Prepare your salt rim mixture first. Add the celery salt and Montreal Steak Seasoning together on a small plate and mix.
Here's a pro tip from my summer as a bartender before I played pro sports, cut the lime wedge in the middle to make it easier to put on the rim of the glass.
Step 2. Rim the jar with the lime wedge.
Step 3. Turn the jar over and slowly rim the jar with the salt mixture.
Step 4. Add some ice cubes and the rest of your liquid ingredients to the jar. and stir.
Step 5. Put a Spicy beanstalk in the jar and use a toothpick to add a pickle and olive to the top.
That's all it takes! It's a pretty easy set up and your head will thank you later for making this vegan Caesar recipe! Don't forget to drink lots of water and take a midday power nap as well!
Remember that the ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate it when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends! 🙂
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, sending me pictures about it, I don’t care how but I want to hear from you and see how you enjoyed it!
Kitchen equipment I used:
- The world’s sharpest knife set (my personal opinion but I have cut myself a bunch of times with them lol)
- My bamboo cutting board - This is a solid cutting board I've been using for a while now and it's very inexpensive!
- Mixing bowls I use - I only ever used to use one mixing bowl but I slowly realized I needed to grow up, so I got this set and made my life a lot easier!
- Cruelty-Free, Dog-Friendly Cleaner - Keeping the house clean is a struggle with two giant dogs, especially when you have to be aware to not use products that will harm them! This is the one we use to keep the dogs safe and house clean!
- Our Gold cutlery set - If you ever want to feel bougie and not actually spend a ton of money get these and dine like a king or something lol