These vegan egg mcmuffins are so simple to make! Ready in 6 minutes, 24 g of protein per McMuffin and uses 4 ingredients (vegan egg, english muffins, etc)! They taste just like Mcdonald's... without the terribleness of McDonalds lol
Before I was vegan, I used to beg my mom to take me to McDonalds on the way to high school for an Egg McMuffin. Mcmuffins have a definite nostalgia factor for me so I wanted to re-create the nostalgia of an Egg Mcmuffin but with vegan egg, vegan bacon/ham/sausagem and vegan ceddar cheese on a english muffin.
How To Make Vegan Egg McMuffins
These "egg" mcmuffins are seriously so simple to make! For the best results, you'll want:
A. Just Egg foldables (or vegan egg of choice)
B. Yves ham slices (or vegan Canadian bacon slice of choice)
C. Violife cheddar slices (or vegan cheddar cheese slice of choice)
D. English muffins
Realistically you can use whichever alternatives you have available to you, this is just what we used (and loved). I've seen people take some tofu cut a slab of it off season it and use that as the egg if you don't have access to Just Egg yet.
Related Recipe: Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Cook your vegan egg or Just Egg foldable according to the packaging. We've done it both in a pan and the toaster and they're pretty similar results.
- While your vegan egg cooks, toast your english muffin and fry your vegan canadian bacon (aka vegan ham slice) on a pan at medium heat.
- Optional step to butter the english muffin when it's toasted.
- If you're frying your vegan egg in a pan add the vegan cheddar slice a minute before it's done cooking to let it melt.
- Add the vegan egg, cheddar slice and vegan ham to your toasted english muffin.
- Serve with a side of hash browns & Enjoy!
Optional ingredients for your Vegan Egg McMuffin
- Vegan Mayo
- Vegan Sausage Patty
- Tempeh Bacon
Kitchen Equipment I used for recipe:
- Aesthetically pleasing teal spoon set – a lot of people recently have been asking about my spoon set and I feel like a fraud because everyone thinks it’s some expensive set but it’s super inexpensive and they look amazing!
- Super cheap but quality non-stick pan – A good non-stick pan will change your life and it doesn’t have to break the bank. I love this one because it’s made out of granite and is super durable!
Vegan Egg Mcmuffins
- 1 Vegan egg (like Just Egg Foldables)
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 slice Vegan Cheddar Cheese we use Violife
- 1 slice Vegan Canadian Bacon we used Yves ham slices
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Butter optional
- Cook your vegan egg or Just Egg according to package (you can cook everything in 1 large pan)
- While your vegan egg cooks, toast your english muffin and fry a piece of vegan ham on your pan.
- Add a slice of vegan cheddar to your vegan egg 1 minute before it's done cooking and let melt on top
- Optional, add butter to your toasted english muffin.
- Add your melted cheese vegan egg and vegan ham to your toasted english muffin and enjoy!
- We used Just Egg for our recipe but there are plenty of other egg substitutes on the market, check out our post for more ideas!
If you try this recipe, please leave it a 5-star review in the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you! You can rate it, comment about it, send us pictures about it on Instagram @RescueDogKitchen.
Nutrition Facts for Vegan Egg McMuffins
The nutrition information presented here is for all of the ingredients. I take all of the nutritional information from Cronometer a nutritional tracker website that provides you with a lot of great information, especially regarding micronutrients!
1 servings per container
Serving Size1 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories366
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26%
- Sodium 1102mg 46%
- Potassium 64mg 2%
- Protein 24.1g 49%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
I'm not going to lie, going into researching this recipe I didn't have high hopes nutritionally. I was expecting a moderate amount of protein but not much of anything else. Much to my surprise I was way off.
There's actually a lot more protein in these sandwiches than I had anticipated. Over 24 g of protein in one sandwich is really good, especially considering these sandwiches aren't huge.
Some other notable nutritional benefits to these vegan egg mcmuffins:
- 73% of your daily Iron intake
- 59% of your B12
- Even 21% of your Vitamin C
Now this recipe does contain processed foods, as noted by the low fibre and high sodium content. Generally speaking it's best to limit your processed foods intake. However if you're going to eat lots of processed foods this is a pretty solid choice.
Commonly Asked Vegan Egg McMuffins Questions
Are Egg McMuffins vegan?
No egg McMuffins at McDonald's aren't vegan, but you can make them vegan at home using this vegan egg McMuffin recipe!
Are McDonald's fries vegan 2021?
No the fries at McDonald's in the US are still not vegan in 2021. They are cooked in beef fat and contain milk (if you can believe that). In many countries, Mcdonald's doesn't use these ingredients, and because of the volume of fries they make, the fries have their own separate fryer, which is great! But unfortunately in the states, they're still not suitable for vegans. If you are vegan it's best to steer clear of Mcdonald's for a number of reasons but this being one of them.
Are McDonalds hashbrowns vegan?
No the hash browns at McDonald's in the US are not vegan in 2021 still. The hash browns (similar to the fries) contain beef fat and milk. In many other countries they don't contain beef fat however. That being said they don't use a separate fryer like they do for the fries so there is cross contamination.
Other recipes you might like:
Remember that 50% of ad proceeds we get from the website go back to helping animals in need so we really appreciate it when you click on our links and share the website and social media posts with your friends!